Regular professional teeth cleaning is critical for optimal teeth and gum health. Our office in Mid-Wilshire Los Angeles provides high-quality dental cleanings to prevent plaque buildup in your mouth that can lead to other problems such as bad breath, gum disease, tooth decay, and so on. We often schedule teeth cleaning together with your dental exam so you can save time and money and make the most of your dental visit with Martin Allaire, DDS.
Is professional teeth cleaning important?
Poor oral hygiene can lead to a myriad of problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath that cause pain, discomfort, tooth loss, embarrassment, and even affect your general health and wellbeing. Teeth cleaning is one of those simple things that can dramatically improve your oral health.
Although regular brushing and flossing at home helps to remove food particles and reduce the amount of bacteria in your mouth, there are some areas that are difficult to clean, and some kinds of dirt that can only be removed using professional tools in the dentist’s office, like tartar (hardened plaque). Dr. Allaire recommends that you visit his office every six months for professional dental cleaning to get rid of all accumulated plaque, tartar, and bacteria before they cause more problems.
Dental Exam & Cleaning - Mid-Wilshire Los Angeles: What To Expect
A routine dental visit that includes professional teeth cleaning takes between 30 and 60 minutes, depending on the condition of your teeth. Here’s what to expect during your appointment:
- Examination - First, Dr. Allaire will examine your mouth using a small mirror to check around your teeth and gums for plaque and tartar, stains, chips and cracks, signs of gum inflammation, and other oral concerns.
- Plaque and tartar removal - Next, he will start cleaning your teeth by removing plaque and tartar on the surface of your teeth, focusing on the areas between the teeth and near the gum line where bacteria congregates, using a scaler.
- Gritty toothpaste cleaning - He will use a high-powered electric brush and gritty toothpaste to gently scrub and polish your teeth.
- Expert flossing - This helps to reach deep between your teeth and clean potential trouble areas that you rarely reach when flossing at home.
- Rinsing - He will then use a liquid fluoride rinse to remove any debris from your mouth.
Depending on your case, Dr. Allaire may perform fluoride treatment to strengthen tooth enamel and help deter cavities, or deep cleaning.
Book an appointment today
If you’re planning to schedule a dental exam and cleaning in Mid-Wilshire Los Angeles, we want to be your first choice for ensuring the long-term health and function of your mouth. Please contact our office if you have any questions about our process, and to schedule an appointment with Dr. Allaire.